Not yet proven – help us do this!
Thesis summary: Evolution is a fractal process, forming a branching pattern we call “tree of life”. Life has evolved exponentially (basically continuing today with technology and Moore’s Law) This perspective predicts that life is older than earth:
- Uses and abuses of fractal methodology in ecology
- Fractals and ecology
- The Chaostheory of evolution
- Multiplicative and Fractal Process in DNA Evolution
- the tree of life is clearly a fractal pattern
life is an emergent phenomenon of growing complexity.
as in (recursive)math there are the following types of solutions:
- Zero or fixed numbers (see black holes, singularity)
- going towards Infinity (the expanding sphere of the observable universe
- oscillating between 2 or more states (rotation of galaxies, planets, cycles)
- the fractal border – patterns growing in complexity, like the infinite border of the Mandelbrot-Set.
This last solution, the fractal border is the equivalent to Life!